5% To Change The World
For every $100 students like you spend at GoodCrowd.school, we donate $5 to nonprofits that help to advance our mission of eradicating extreme poverty, improving global health and mitigating climate change by 2045.
- $1 goes to CHOICE Humanitarian to fight extreme poverty in the developing world, using their "Self Developing District Model" for helping villages and entire communities lift themselves out of poverty.
- $1 goes to Rotary International to fund its effort to eradicate polio. That $1 is enough to deliver one life-saving dose to an at-risk child.
- $1 goes to CoolEffect.org to fight climate change. Every dollar not only offsets more than 100 kilos of carbon but also supports projects with other benefits, such as helping families acquire clean cookstoves that improve their health and economic status.
- $2 go to other projects we support, including scholarships for disadvantaged youth.
When you take courses at GoodCrowd.school, you not only learn how to change the world, you actually do!
This powerful course by internationally recognized influencer Devin Thorpe will quickly empower you to be a hero within your nonprofit, enabling you to raise your nonprofit's profile, accelerate its fundraising and help it do more good.
This course will take you from dabbling with social media to developing a strategy that will win fans, friends and donors!
This course is intended for busy people with multiple responsibilities, including social media, for a small nonprofit with a small marketing budget. It will help you identify your goals and develop a simple and effective social media strategy.
The course will teach you:
- How to use Twitter and a Facebook page to build awareness for your cause and attract more people to your community.
- How to use a Facebook group to foster community among your fans and followers.
- How to optimize your social media posts to expand your mailing list and raise more money.
- How to be time efficient using tools like Hootesuite and Bufferapp.
The course can be completed in less than one hour and will leave you with clear and actionable tactics to execute.
Champion of Social Good
About the instructor
As a new-media journalist and founder of the Your Mark on the World Center, Devin has established himself as a champion of social good. As a Forbes contributor, with 400 bylines and over one million unique readers, he has become a recognized name in the social impact arena. His Your Mark on the World show, featuring over 800 celebrities, CEOs, billionaires, entrepreneurs and others who are out to change the world, has been viewed over 200,000 times, giving him a recognizable face as well.
Previously, Devin served as the CFO of the third largest company on the 2009 Inc. 500 list. He also founded and led an NASD-registered investment bank. After completing a degree in finance at the University of Utah, he earned an MBA from Cornell University.
Having lived on three continents and visited over 30 countries on six continents and with guests from around the world on his show, Devin brings a global perspective to international audiences–from the UN to Nepal–empowering them to do more good and make their mark on the world. These lessons also enable them to change their personal lives and to drive positive change within their organizations. His books provide roadmaps to audiences on how to use money for good. His books have been read over 1 million times!
Today, Devin channels the idealism of his youth, volunteering whenever and wherever he can, with the loving support of his wife, Gail. Their son, Dayton, works in San Francisco.
To check Devin’s availability, call or send an email to email@example.com.