The step-by-step formula I used to raise $1,000,000 in one day and that enabled nonprofits all over the world to raise what their causes needed to launch to new heights.
Learn how to:
- Calculate a realistic goal for your campaign (it’s probably higher than you think!)
- Raise 30% of your goal on the first day
- Use social media to push your campaign even further
- Write fundraising emails that actually raise money
… and a lot more! (See below for full curriculum)Upon completion, you will be a certified nonprofit crowdfunding professional and will receive a certificate from the Your Mark on the World Center.Delivered as an in-person training all over the world, now available to you on demand:
“I appreciated your expertise, humor, down-to-earth approach, focus on helping [students] understand the basic concepts, and giving [them] the tools to be successful with their own crowdfunding efforts.”
- Chris Bray, CEO of the Utah Nonprofits Association
“The feedback we've received from the 200+ registered participants has been overwhelmingly positive. You demonstrated genuine expertise on a full range of crowdfunding issues while providing the perfect level of energy and good humor.”
- Reed Chase, President, MountainWest Capital Network
“Crowdfunding for small nonprofits can be an overwhelming topic, but Devin's knowledge of the subject made [it] very accessible.”
- Storee Powell, Marketing Specialist, Utah Assistive Technology Program
Media Coverage of Your Campaign
My students get preferential treatment for having their crowdfunding campaigns covered on GoodCrowd.info.
Media coverage tends to lead to more media coverage. For example, in January of 2017, I ran a tragic story on GoodCrowd.info about a mother of quadruplets whose cancer returned while she was pregnant. She delivered four healthy babies. Despite aggressive cancer treatment, the prognosis was not good. Within a few weeks, the GoFundMe campaign went from less than $5,000 to more than $18,000.
Then, a producer for Bill O'Reilly saw the story on Facebook and convinced him to talk about it on air. In 24 hours, the tally topped $1 million.
Will coverage on GoodCrowd.info always lead to coverage on Fox News? Of course not. But you never know what it will lead to. Every story adds credibility that increases the probability of more coverage.
Money Back Guarantee
If you complete the course and implement the principles taught in the course in your crowdfunding campaign and don't feel you got your money's worth from the course, we'll refund your money!
- Reconnaissance (An overview)
- Step 1: Assess Your Team
- Step 2: Assess Your Cause
- Step 2-a: Rate the “Face”
- Step 2-b: Rate the Urgency
- Step 2-c: Rate the Politics
- Step 2-d: Rate the Geography
- Step 2-e: Rate the Community
- Step 2-f: Rate the Project or Event
- Step 3: Calculating your fundraising potential
- Going Viral: what it takes
- Crowdfunding Platforms for Nonprofits
- Air War
- Step 1: How to Reach the Media
- Step 2: Have a Ball -- or at Least a Party
- Step 3: Engage Social Media
- Coordinate With Your Team
- Facebook Advertising (without throwing your money away)
- Demo: How to Advertise on Facebook
- Demo: How to Create a Custom Audience
- Demo: How to Create a Lookalike Audience
- Step 4: The Big Finish - keys to crossing the finish line
Champion of Social Good
About the instructor
As a new-media journalist and founder of the Your Mark on the World Center, Devin has established himself as a champion of social good. As a Forbes contributor, with 400 bylines and over one million unique readers, he has become a recognized name in the social impact arena. His Your Mark on the World show, featuring over 800 celebrities, CEOs, billionaires, entrepreneurs and others who are out to change the world, has been viewed over 200,000 times, giving him a recognizable face as well.
Previously, Devin served as the CFO of the third largest company on the 2009 Inc. 500 list. He also founded and led an NASD-registered investment bank. After completing a degree in finance at the University of Utah, he earned an MBA from Cornell University.
Having lived on three continents and visited over 30 countries on six continents and with guests from around the world on his show, Devin brings a global perspective to international audiences–from the UN to Nepal–empowering them to do more good and make their mark on the world. These lessons also enable them to change their personal lives and to drive positive change within their organizations. His books provide roadmaps to audiences on how to use money for good. His books have been read over 1 million times!
Today, Devin channels the idealism of his youth, volunteering whenever and wherever he can, with the loving support of his wife, Gail. Their son, Dayton, works in San Francisco.
To check Devin’s availability, call or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.