5% To Change The World
For every $100 students like you spend at GoodCrowd.school, we donate $5 to nonprofits that help to advance our mission of eradicating extreme poverty, improving global health and mitigating climate change by 2045.
- $1 goes to CHOICE Humanitarian to fight extreme poverty in the developing world, using their "Self Developing District Model" for helping villages and entire communities lift themselves out of poverty.
- $1 goes to Rotary International to fund its effort to eradicate polio. That $1 is enough to deliver one life-saving dose to an at-risk child.
- $1 goes to CoolEffect.org to fight climate change. Every dollar not only offsets more than 100 kilos of carbon but also supports projects with other benefits, such as helping families acquire clean cookstoves that improve their health and economic status.
- $2 go to other projects we support, including scholarships for disadvantaged youth.
When you take courses at GoodCrowd.school, you not only learn how to change the world, you actually do!
"I applied just a few lessons from the course for one of my clients and we raised $20,000 out of our $100,000 goal before even launching the campaign! Amazing!"
(Anton, Fundraising Consultant)
"Using just some of what Devin taught, I was able to create an amazing event that raised about $7500 to build water storage systems for families in Kenya, Africa to teach self-reliance."
(Heidi Totten, 100 Humanitarians)
"Devin has an outstanding command of the facts surrounding crowdfunding..."
(Kate Knight, United Way Metro Dallas)
Some people suggested I charge $5,000 for this course.
After all, non-profits can use this training to raise 20 times that price. And $5,000 is what I would charge for on-site training.
But I don't charge $5,000. Why? My goal is to change the world. That means I need to help as many people and organizations as possible-- as fast as possible.
Even though I could charge more than 25 times as much, I charge only $197 for my training that can help you raise up to 1,000 times as much.
Take your fundraising to the next level by learning how to:
- - Calculate a realistic goal for your campaign (it’s probably higher than you think!)
- - Raise 30% of your goal on the first day
- - Use social media to push your campaign even further
- - Write fundraising emails that actually raise money
… and a lot more! (See below for full curriculum)
Upon completion, you will be a certified nonprofit crowdfunding professional and will receive a certificate from the Your Mark on the World Center.
This course has been delivered as an in-person training all over the world. Check out what people have said about it:
“I appreciated your expertise, humor, down-to-earth approach, focus on helping [students] understand the basic concepts, and giving [them] the tools to be successful with their own crowdfunding efforts.
Chris Bray, CEO of the Utah Nonprofits Association
“The feedback we've received from the 200+ registered participants has been overwhelmingly positive. You demonstrated genuine expertise on a full range of crowdfunding issues while providing the perfect level of energy and good humor.”
Reed Chase, President, MountainWest Capital Network
“Crowdfunding for small nonprofits can be an overwhelming topic, but Devin's knowledge of the subject made [it] very accessible.”
Storee Powell, Marketing Specialist, Utah Assistive Technology Program
Get Media Coverage of Your Campaign
My students get preferential treatment for having their crowdfunding campaigns covered on GoodCrowd.info.
Media coverage tends to lead to more media coverage. For example, in January of 2017, I ran a tragic story on GoodCrowd.info about a mother of quadruplets whose cancer returned while she was pregnant. Within a few weeks, her GoFundMe campaign went from less than $5,000 to more than $18,000.
Then, a producer for Bill O'Reilly saw the story on Facebook and convinced him to talk about it on air. In 24 hours, the tally topped $1 million.
Will coverage on GoodCrowd.info always lead to coverage on Fox News? Of course not. But you never know what it will lead to. Every story adds credibility that increases the probability of more coverage.
No results? I'll give you your money back
I know what I teach works. So I'm ready to put my money where my mouth is.
If you complete the course, implement what you learned, and don't get results, you can opt in for a full refund within 60 days.
Just send me an email showing that you did the work and I'll issue a full refund.
- Reconnaissance (An overview)
- Step 1: Assess Your Team
- Step 2: Assess Your Cause
- Step 2-a: Rate the “Face”
- Step 2-b: Rate the Urgency
- Step 2-c: Rate the Politics
- Step 2-d: Rate the Geography
- Step 2-e: Rate the Community
- Step 2-f: Rate the Project or Event
- Step 3: Calculating your fundraising potential
- Going Viral: what it takes
- Crowdfunding Platforms for Nonprofits
- Air War
- Step 1: How to Reach the Media
- Step 2: Have a Ball -- or at Least a Party
- Step 3: Engage Social Media
- Coordinate With Your Team
- Facebook Advertising (without throwing your money away)
- Demo: How to Advertise on Facebook
- Demo: How to Create a Custom Audience
- Demo: How to Create a Lookalike Audience
- Step 4: The Big Finish - keys to crossing the finish line
Champion of Social Good
About the instructor
As a new-media journalist and founder of the Your Mark on the World Center, Devin has established himself as a champion of social good. As a Forbes contributor, with 400 bylines and over one million unique readers, he has become a recognized name in the social impact arena. His Your Mark on the World show, featuring over 800 celebrities, CEOs, billionaires, entrepreneurs and others who are out to change the world, has been viewed over 200,000 times, giving him a recognizable face as well.
Previously, Devin served as the CFO of the third largest company on the 2009 Inc. 500 list. He also founded and led an NASD-registered investment bank. After completing a degree in finance at the University of Utah, he earned an MBA from Cornell University.
Having lived on three continents and visited over 30 countries on six continents and with guests from around the world on his show, Devin brings a global perspective to international audiences–from the UN to Nepal–empowering them to do more good and make their mark on the world. These lessons also enable them to change their personal lives and to drive positive change within their organizations. His books provide roadmaps to audiences on how to use money for good. His books have been read over 1 million times!
Today, Devin channels the idealism of his youth, volunteering whenever and wherever he can, with the loving support of his wife, Gail. Their son, Dayton, works in San Francisco.
To check Devin’s availability, call or send an email to email@example.com.