5% To Change The World
For every $100 students like you spend at GoodCrowd.school, we donate $5 to nonprofits that help to advance our mission of eradicating extreme poverty, improving global health and mitigating climate change by 2045.
- $1 goes to CHOICE Humanitarian to fight extreme poverty in the developing world, using their "Self Developing District Model" for helping villages and entire communities lift themselves out of poverty.
- $1 goes to Rotary International to fund its effort to eradicate polio. That $1 is enough to deliver one life-saving dose to an at-risk child.
- $1 goes to CoolEffect.org to fight climate change. Every dollar not only offsets more than 100 kilos of carbon but also supports projects with other benefits, such as helping families acquire clean cookstoves that improve their health and economic status.
- $2 go to other projects we support, including scholarships for disadvantaged youth.
When you take courses at GoodCrowd.school, you not only learn how to change the world, you actually do!
Heard about social entrepreneurship and ready to start a business that's new, exciting and makes a real difference in the world?
Begin here with our practical guide to building a world-changing business. You’ll gain access to leading tools, resources and business models for starting your own social enterprise.
Social Entrepreneurship is the fastest growing social sector movement. This course will help you discover how YOU can create social change starting today.
Get Started in Social Entrepreneurship is a MUST for anyone interested in starting their own impact-driven, social enterprise.
We provide you with a solid understanding of social entrepreneurship, and the fundamentals for creating your own purpose-driven business.
This course provides an excellent introduction to Social Entrepreneurship to getting started and how individuals have a role in creating social change.
In this course, you'll learn...
- What Social Entrepreneurship is about (Trends & Opportunities)
- How to Uncover your PASSION and choose your CAUSE
- How to Build your Dream Social Enterprise from Scratch
You'll also learn...
- The different types of Social Enterprise Business Models
- Key Steps in Getting Started: from Business Planning to Websites and Marketing your Movement
- Keys to Momentum: How to Build a Strong Network of Followers, Finance your Business and Measure your Impact
What are the requirements?
- Open-mindedness and a willingness to learn how to move your mission forward
What am I going to get from this course?
- If you take ONE course before starting your social venture, make this it!
- By the end of this course, you'll walk away with a solid understanding of what social entrepreneurship is about and exactly how to get started in building a world-changing business.
What is the target audience?
- Anyone interested in learning more about Social Entrepreneurship and how to start a business that makes a difference
- Entrepreneurs who want to make a difference and grow a socially conscious business.
About the instructor
Author, speaker and entrepreneur Leesa McGregor believes the greatest value you can add to the world starts with your 'beingness'. She is a business mentor that empowers change makers and conscious entrepreneurs who are looking to expand their impact and create positive transformation in the world.
Leesa has been acknowledged as a unique and enlightened authority in the field of conscious business, and social entrepreneurship. Leesa rose to the top of her career in her 20s when she’s built a multi-million dollar technology start-up. Since then, she has significantly increased the reach of businesses across industries globally. Her dynamic business and marketing expertise have captured the attention and respect of CEOs, best-selling authors, entrepreneurs and industry experts from around the world.
Leesa has co-founded and run more than a dozen ventures across Canada, the US and Australia, including the Heroes Economy (an online education platform that promotes business as a force for good), a Digital Marketing Agency, a Renewable Energy Company (now one of North America’s industry leaders), and a Technology Start-Up she took from scratch to a 7-figure global brand.
Leesa’s passion lies in helping people to live lives that inspire others while creating strong ecosystems for driving positive social change. Today, she travels and speaks globally on modern entrepreneurship and change, while mentoring, coaching and teaching entrepreneurs enrolled in her business building programs. Leesa also offers transformative intensives and retreats in cities around the world.
Champion of Social Good
About the instructor
As a new-media journalist and founder of the Your Mark on the World Center, Devin has established himself as a champion of social good. As a Forbes contributor, with 400 bylines and over one million unique readers, he has become a recognized name in the social impact arena. His Your Mark on the World show, featuring over 800 celebrities, CEOs, billionaires, entrepreneurs and others who are out to change the world, has been viewed over 200,000 times, giving him a recognizable face as well.
Previously, Devin served as the CFO of the third largest company on the 2009 Inc. 500 list. He also founded and led an NASD-registered investment bank. After completing a degree in finance at the University of Utah, he earned an MBA from Cornell University.
Having lived on three continents and visited over 30 countries on six continents and with guests from around the world on his show, Devin brings a global perspective to international audiences–from the UN to Nepal–empowering them to do more good and make their mark on the world. These lessons also enable them to change their personal lives and to drive positive change within their organizations. His books provide roadmaps to audiences on how to use money for good. His books have been read over 1 million times!
Today, Devin channels the idealism of his youth, volunteering whenever and wherever he can, with the loving support of his wife, Gail. Their son, Dayton, works in San Francisco.
To check Devin’s availability, call or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.