5% To Change The World
For every $100 students like you spend at GoodCrowd.school, we donate $5 to nonprofits that help to advance our mission of eradicating extreme poverty, improving global health and mitigating climate change by 2045.
- $1 goes to CHOICE Humanitarian to fight extreme poverty in the developing world, using their "Self Developing District Model" for helping villages and entire communities lift themselves out of poverty.
- $1 goes to Rotary International to fund its effort to eradicate polio. That $1 is enough to deliver one life-saving dose to an at-risk child.
- $1 goes to CoolEffect.org to fight climate change. Every dollar not only offsets more than 100 kilos of carbon but also supports projects with other benefits, such as helping families acquire clean cookstoves that improve their health and economic status.
- $2 go to other projects we support, including scholarships for disadvantaged youth.
When you take courses at GoodCrowd.school, you not only learn how to change the world, you actually do!
This is an amazing tool to learn about self-publishing! The best part is that it took me through a step-by-step process, encouraging me to actually complete the steps, with an outcome of being a published author Mr. Thorpe is masterful in his approach as he carefully explains several technical challenges that I had publishing my own book, giving me the confidence and knowledge to make it happen.
This course will take the "ready to publish" or the "scared to start writing" author through the sometimes intimidating process of self-publishing. In his warm and encouraging way, Mr. Thorpe not only showed me how but inspired me to get my work out there!
Anyone who's looking at writing a book needs to watch this course. Devin makes the steps easy to understand, and walks you through a lot of the technical parts of getting your book published.
This course will take you step by step through the process of publishing your book. It takes away all of the fear that keeps us from moving forward with our dream of writing.
It is focused, good use of your time and will fast forward your learning curve. Do it!
Devin really walks you through the whole process of self-publishing in manageable, bite-sized sessions using practical examples and easy-to-understand language. I think this is a very doable, practical program on how to self-publish. I enjoyed it. Now all I need to do is write a book!
Do it! You won't regret it! It's worth every second!
Do it! Devin makes the whole process very easy to follow.
For someone interested in self-publishing who wants to know how to make their manuscript ready for e-publishing and self-publishing through Amazon's Createspace, this course will give you all the information you need to successfully publish your book.
If you are asking: How to Publish a Book Absolutely for Free! This course is all you need. It gives you step-by-step all the information you need!
Devin Thorpe presents a very comprehensive tutorial on self-publishing and how to navigate all the online portals available to the author. He walks us through each step with simple direction providing maximum impact.
This course provides step-by-step instructions for getting your book printed and distributed online both as an ebook and as a paperback.
In one hour, you will learn how to organize your time and your life to write a book, all the steps you need to complete to get the book distributed and most importantly a winning strategy for getting the book read without spending a dime!
- Download the Kindle Create Add-in for Microsoft Word
- Intro to How to Write Your Book in Word with Proper Formatting for Both a Paperback and an eBook
- How to Install and Use the Kindle Create Add-in to Microsoft Word
- Using the Kindle Create Add-in to Word to Format Your Book
- Inserting and Formatting Your Title Page
- Inserting and Formatting a Copyright Page
- Inserting and Formatting a List of Your Other Books
- Inserting and Formatting Your Acknowledgements
- Inserting and Formatting Your Dedication and Table of Contents
- Adding a Chapter
- Adding Headers and Footers
- #ProTip: Hire a Pro to Format Your Book
- Link to Createspace
- Introduction to Createspace
- Creating Your Createspace Account - Optional
- Starting with a Free ISBN
- Uploading the Interior Content of the Book
- Creating a Free Cover for Your Book
- #ProTip: Hire a Designer to Build a Cover
- Completing the "Interior Review" for Createspace
- Submitting the Book for Createspace Review
- Choosing Createspace Channels of Distribution
- Entering the Book Description
Champion of Social Good
About the instructor
As a new-media journalist and founder of the Your Mark on the World Center, Devin has established himself as a champion of social good. As a Forbes contributor, with 400 bylines and over one million unique readers, he has become a recognized name in the social impact arena. His Your Mark on the World show, featuring over 800 celebrities, CEOs, billionaires, entrepreneurs and others who are out to change the world, has been viewed over 200,000 times, giving him a recognizable face as well.
Previously, Devin served as the CFO of the third largest company on the 2009 Inc. 500 list. He also founded and led an NASD-registered investment bank. After completing a degree in finance at the University of Utah, he earned an MBA from Cornell University.
Having lived on three continents and visited over 30 countries on six continents and with guests from around the world on his show, Devin brings a global perspective to international audiences–from the UN to Nepal–empowering them to do more good and make their mark on the world. These lessons also enable them to change their personal lives and to drive positive change within their organizations. His books provide roadmaps to audiences on how to use money for good. His books have been read over 1 million times!
Today, Devin channels the idealism of his youth, volunteering whenever and wherever he can, with the loving support of his wife, Gail. Their son, Dayton, works in San Francisco.
To check Devin’s availability, call or send an email to email@example.com.